With solely 5 instances confirmed as of this morning on the island, Puerto Rico has put an island-wide points administration plan in place as a preventative measure to keep away from mass unfold of COVID-19 all through the island.
“Given the Island’s resilience and expertise with main disasters and expediting fast recoveries for financial turnaround, prefer it did from 2017’s Hurricane Maria to having a record-breaking 12 months in tourism in 2019, island leaders know that getting forward and making fast impactful selections like these are essential to pushing ahead to get again on observe when the disaster is behind us,” Uncover Puerto Rico mentioned in a press release.
A number of the measures Governor Wanda Vázquez Garced positioned over the weekend embody:
- Establishing an island-wide curfew efficient instantly from 9 p.m. to five a.m., via March 31; the one exceptions are those that are working or in instances of emergency.
- Enhanced well being screenings of all passengers upon arrival into San Juan’s Luis Muñoz Marín Worldwide Airport, which consists of a quick temperature verify, with additional screening on the airport, if essential
- Selling social distancing by suspending all massive occasions on the Island till March 31, which is in accordance with the U.S. Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention’s steering for massive occasions and mass gatherings that recommends organizers cancel or postpone in-person occasions that include 50 folks or extra all through the U.S.
- All non-essential companies, together with theaters, malls, casinos, bars, points of interest, gyms and “anywhere that promotes the gathering of residents in a single place” will likely be closed efficient instantly
- Supermarkets, pharmacies, gasoline stations and different important companies like eating places that provide takeout or supply will solely be open via 6 p.m.
- Taxis and Ubers will solely work from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., aside from these servicing the airports.
“Whereas this may occasionally disrupt present tourism exercise on the Island via finish of month, we really feel retaining our guests and residents secure is our primary precedence proper now,” Uncover Puerto Rico provides.